I cut Spencer's hair!! It's the 1st time EVER!! For the last 6 1/2 years I have completely turned that responsibility over to Chris--much to his dismay. I tried cutting Chris's once when we first got married and made a little knick in it. He didn't care but I refused to do it again! I tried doing Spencer's once in AZ, but 1/4 of the way through I chickened out and made Chris finish.
Spencer has really tricky hair to style. It doesn't grow out well, and the texture of it is super course. The last few days it has been looking pretty sad. This morning before school we tried mohawking it, spiking it, combing it flat--and no amount of gel, spray, putty, etc was helping it. We did give him a nice dandruff look though. Finally he just said, "Mom, I look like an idiot, where are the scissors? I am just going to cut it." Not wanting to make him feel self conscious at school, I told him I would try it. It's all the exact same length, but hey he likes it!!
(PS the bandaids are from a lovely scratch his sister Addie gave him, and a nice goose egg he got from getting smacked in the face from our Ikea swing. Hopefully the school won't call and question the bruises--sadly, it's happened before!)
2 comments:
Wow. This brought back such fun memories. Like the time a bunch of us cut Chris' hair for an enrichment activity and he wore a hat for the next two weeks. Poor Chris!
I cut Brad's hair until he graduated. Then 1) we could afford for someone else to cut it 2) he had to look professional. There were some interesting ones in the mean time!
Great job!! I think he looks handsome.
Post a Comment