A few weeks ago I took Benson in for his 18 month check up. When Chris's partner was listening to his heart, he heard a murmur. He had Chris come in to double check, and sure enough, Chris heard it too. I guess murmurs can be fairly common at this age, however, Benson is pretty little for his age--like barely on the weight chart, so as a precautionary measure, they had us go get a chest x-ray and an EKG. Benson hated it and so did I. I only imagined the worst. Both tests came back normal, so we just have to follow up at his 2 year appointment, but the thoughts of anything being wrong with my little guy are not fun!
18 month stats:
Length: 30.3 inches (5%)
Weight: 20.4 lbs (1%)
Head: 43 cm (50%)
Benson is into EVERYTHING. He climbs, he empties cupboards, he plays in the toilets, he eats dirt--he is a mess. He loves to help Chris outside in the garden, he loves to go swimming and is a little fish with no fear of the water (a little caution would be nice), and he is obsessed with shoes--mostly because it gets him outside. His vocabulary is definitely behind--he says Dad (he is now 19 months and just barely started saying Mama), shoe, "where'd it go" (you have to see the action to know what he is talking about), and that is about it. Spencer didn't talk until he was 2, so I am not too concerned yet--Benson has no interest in talking, or learning his body parts (he did just figure out nose)--I am pretty sure he is just too interested in filling up the toilet with toilet paper and throwing my bowls and forks in the garbage. Despite his messiness we are all 5 billion percent head over heels in love with this little guy. When you are this dang cute, you can get away with a lot!




No comments:
Post a Comment