Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Green Thumb

When we were looking for houses, Chris would not look at anything on less than a 1/2 acre lot.  I was semi indifferent on the matter, but have really grown to love having a big yard.  One bonus about our yard is that Chris has become quite the gardner.  This year his garden (I say his because he does it all--I think I have helped weed maybe twice) is 1500 sq feet.  To put that in perspective, our house in Tucson was 1300 sq feet.  We literally could have lived in our garden.  He takes Benson back there and the two of them could stay for hours.  Benson gets lost--literally, and Chris takes great care with plants he grew from seed.  We had 30 tomato plants, 3 rows of beans, 3 rows of corn, and countless other plants like peppers, squash, zuchinni, pumpkins, potatoes, eggplant, raspberries, strawberries--etc.  It has been fabulous!  Chris has also experimented with different sauce and salsa recipes and we get to benefit from it!  I even made homemade pesto with the basil he planted.  Needless to say, it has been a delicious summer!!









This is my FAVORITE lunch!

*looking at all these pictures makes me think I need to replace our 12 1/2 year old dishes!

No comments: