Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Let's See How This Goes




I have so much fun reading my sister-in-law Amy's blog, that I decided I should start my own. Plus, since I don't do much journal writing, I decided I needed to document my days like yesterday!! I was awakened by Kennedy telling me that Spencer had gone outside (keep in mind that we have been living in an apartment complex while we have been house hunting). I went out and found him half naked on the patio coloring the cement with a purple crayon--so much for getting a security deposit back!! Later in the morning I decided it was time to clean out the car from the move finally!! So I had the kids occupied playing the computer and Addie was taking a nap. About 5 min. before I was finished, Kennedy came to tell me Addie was crying. I told them to leave her alone, I was almost finished. I came inside and not only had they not left her alone, but Spencer had filled up not one, but 2 bottles with milk and spilt a good majority of the gallon on the floor, and then had proceeded to try and feed it to Addie. He got sent to time out where he proceeded to color his sheets with a blue crayon and then managed to find a pair of scissors that has been missing since we arrived, and cut his sheets up. Later in the afternoon he chewed a hole through my new vacuum cord. So after all this I decided we should get out of the house and go to the pool. I had Addie sitting on my lap and she proceeded to throw up what seemed like 2 days worth of food covering both of us--I think the milk that her brother tried to feed her finally caught up with her. I love being a mom!! At least most days aren't like that!! Looking back it's all quite humorous, but I was not laughing yesterday!!! On the bright side, after 4 offers on houses, we think we have finally managed to find one--so much for it being a buyers market!! And deep inside I know that I really am grateful for the excitement and energy that my son brings into our lives, even if it does mean buying new sheets!! Anyways, I am putting some random pictures on here of the kids to see if I actually can figure this out!!

5 comments:

beebuzz said...

You make it sound so funny, yet a know in the moment it must have been all you could do to keep a straight face.
Truly you are blessed with 3 special little ones, that I can truly see you cherish!
Brenda

Jenn said...

What a day! I'm glad that we can look back at times like those and laugh or we'd never want to get out of bed the next morning!

I'm so glad you've joined the world of blogging....it's so much easier to keep up with everybody that way! For some reason, the link to mine doesn't show up in my profile, but you can find us at www.zollyzoo.blogspot.com!

Amy said...

Yay! I'm so glad you started a blog! I can't wait to hear more stories like that, it makes me feel like I'm not the only one with children who drive me crazy! (Not that I'm wishing you have more days like that!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie, hang in there. You just haven't read my journal! Spencer gets it from his dad! One day little 4 year old Chrissy dumped a whole bag of flour all over the kitchen and himself! He just looked at me with big eyes through a white flour covered face and said, "I love you mommy dearest!" That was one of my dearest memories! Love you, Mom F

Michelle said...

AGH! The life of a mom!! I felt like I was having a bad day until I read your blog and realized it's not so bad here! Good we can look back and laugh, huh?