
Okay, I have the most absolutely disgusting story to share--it's so gross, I will warn you so you can stop reading now. But it's also so gross that for some reason I feel a need to share it!! Just keep in mind that I put a cute picture of Addie on to remind you all that she is a cute and beautiful baby.
So anyways, I went down to UAB today to pick up some paperwork for Chris. While I was down there I thought I would stop by the Cystic Fibrosis Research Center where I used to work and say hi. So anyways, I had all 3 of my kids with me and Addie looked super cute in her blue and white overalls and matching bow (not what she was wearing in this picture--you'll know why in a minute!!). So we got up to the office and we were chatting and I pulled Addie out of her carseat so everyone could see her and I was holding her facing out. All of a sudden I heard an unpleasant sound signalling that a diaper change would be needed. Then I looked down on the ground and saw the most disgusting thing--Addie's unpleasant sound not only filled her diaper, but there was probably the equivalent of at least 1 cup of poop on the carpet underneath us--and I am not even remotely joking around!! Somehow it missed me, but Addie was covered, the floor was cover and it smelled SOOOO gross. So I started cleaning it up and then my old boss helped me. I was so so emabarassed!! Needless to say it was quite the show and a great reintroduction to my family!! I used all my wipes, and probably 100 paper towels--plus they are still going to have to call maintenance!! Who knew all that could fit in a little 3 month old baby!! While this mess was going on, my other 2 did not hold back on their comments about how gross it was and how bad it smelled--as if it wasn't obvious!! Let's just say that everyone was super nice about it, and I should probably go back soon bearing gifts of candles and Febreeze!! And next time maybe I will squeeze Addie's stomach several times before we go, or just leave her in her carseat--at least that I can put in the washing machine!
2 comments:
Yeah, that's pretty darn disgusting! At least you spared us the pictures....a search through my blog archives will uncover a few pics that I'm sure most people didn't want to see when Ryan had a little pooping adventure!
Been there. What can you do? I can just imagine the office running around, flapping their hands, what do we do? what do we do? How nice of your boss though:)
Post a Comment