Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Rainy Day

Ever since we arrived in AL on June 25th all we have heard is that we are currently in a Stage 3 drought. Well if stage 3 drought means it only rains 6 days a week, then I guess we are!! Seriously, it rains all the time. Anyways, a few weeks ago our ceiling started leaking during one of the storms and got water all over the carpet. I called the management office and they said they would come fix it. That was 2 weeks ago. So yesterday, there was a huge storm and water started POURING out of the ceiling and we had to put buckets on the floor to catch all the water. Management said they would send someone when the rain stopped. Well, it hasn't rained in 30 hours but still no luck. Anyways, I thought you might all enjoy a few pics of our rainstorm.


On the bright side, B'ham seriously has a ton of stuff to do with kids! They have the BEST libraries and we have been hitting all their summer shows and we joined the McWane Science Center which the kids LOVE. They have an aquarium and tons of fun science stuff. Anyways, yesterday we could use our science center pass to get into the zoo for free--you can't beat that deal!! So we braved the rainy weather and had a great time.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Send some of that rain this way! This is when you are glad you are renting! Put some rain boots on and enjoy the rain!

Michelle said...

Hey - I found your site through Jenn! I'm going to link you to mine, I just started so I'm new to all of this but it is so fun! Come see me at gillespiesinc.blogspot.com
Glad all is going well!