
Addie and I had fun taking donuts to Spencer's school class. It was also fun to see him interact with the kids in his ALL BOY preschool class--that takes a talented teacher!! He was so excited to have Addie sit at his table with him and show her to his friends!

After pondering and narrowing down his decision from Wall-E and Phineas and Ferb, Spencer finally picked a Transformer cake which he helped me make. I had to laugh when he picked Transformers because I didn't actually know he liked them. And he was very specific that the cake be red and blue (which as an OCD mother I would have picked green and purple to coordinate with the guys on top, but I guess it is HIS birhtday!!).

Spencer wanted to eat dinner at his favorite place--Moe's (kind of like Cafe Rio). He loves the quesadillas, but he mostly loves getting pop with endless refills.

Spencer's favorite part of his birthday, of course--the presents!! He loved his new Wii Olympic game, webkinz, legos, books--and his crazy parents got him a skateboard!! He cracked us up though because he took it outside and didn't just ride it, he was trying to flip it, grab it from the middle and ride at the same time--good thing we make him wear a helmet!! Thanks to everyone and all you far away grandparents for helping make his day special!!




Since Spencer had a kid party last year, I went low key this year. We just had a couple of families over for pizza, cake, and our friends let us borrow their triple slip and slide, so that was super fun. I also made a pinata that you pull the bottom out rather than use a bat, but my bottom surface was too wimpy for my string, so Chris just ended up having to rip it open--but way easier than a bat!! The kids all colored themselves with chalk and Addie had a great time in the bark by the swing set--overall a success!! And now birthdays are all checked off at our house until '09!!




5 comments:
So cute! I wish we lived closer, Spencer and Bryce would be good friends, they love the same things! Wii, skateboards, transformers, etc. We rented the olympic game for the wii last weekend and Bryce loved it!
That is a low key birthday at your house? Sounds like great fun to me!
Looks like it was a great birthday! We're gearing up for Maddy's "birthweek" starting today on her birthday and finishing up on Friday when she has her party. Fun stuff! This is our last b-day too for the year. Yay!
Looks like fun! You amaze me with your cake decorating skills. Every year I think, this will be the year I decorate their cake and then, at the last moment, I turn it over to Publix!! You are a great mom.
I love that he got a skateboard. That's awesome! I'm sure he will be playing on that thing for hours!!
Post a Comment