
Since it's cooling down and starting to feel a little like "fall" (I use the term loosely because it's still hot, just not so humid), I decided to take the kids to the zoo yesterday. We haven't been in forever, so I thought it would be fun to break up the monotony a little. I was a little off in my thinking. I think asking my children to walk barefoot to Utah like the pioneers might have been more appealing to them. After sugaring them up with snacks they finally decided that it might be okay to have a little bit of fun and I did manage to get a few smiles out of them before they begged to go home. Addie on the other hand, had a great time. It was her first trip to the zoo since learning to walk and she loved getting out of the stroller to get closer to the animals. I think she loved the monkeys--but the giraffes by far were the hit of the day. I think we need to learn our animal sounds a little better though, because apparently, dogs, monkeys, tigers and giraffes all make the same sound.
1 comment:
My kids are the same way! You try to do something fun w/ them and totally don't appreciate it. At least we're trying, right?
Post a Comment