
This is Spencer with his class mascot Thunder. He is the star of the week at school this week, so Thunder spent the weekend at home with he, Chris, and Kennedy. Chris said Spencer was so cute with it, sleeping with it, playing baseball with it, etc. At the end you make a journal entry and Spencer wanted to make sure that Chris included the fact that Thunder watched both the BYU game and General Conference. I think the Methodist preschool that he attends are probably thinking we are out to convert them!!
Speaking of school. . .when I picked up Spencer today his teacher told me there had been a little "incident"--never a good sign. Apparently Spencer and another little boy gave each other haircuts--I about died. Not that Spencer has flowing long hair, but seriously what happened to the other kid's hair, and how embarrassing is that?? I am sure his teacher was thinking, what do they teach you at home!! Spencer's isn't noticeable and apparently the other little boy's isn't either. I am just grateful his class is all boys--can you imagine if he had chopped off a little girl's curly ponytail!! However I will say, after a long while in time out and writing apology letters, it is very apparent he is sufficiently sorry. Let's just hope it's a lesson learned!
2 comments:
Can I just tell you from a teacher's perspective that it is really hard to have to tell parents that stuff! You always wonder what the parents are thinking (for example... I always wonder if the parents wonder why I wasn't "watching" their kids, even though it is kinda hard to see everything that goes on) You just pray that the parents are understanding! Good luck with all the "boy" stuff. I know I am in for a treat when Jordan gets older! YIKES!
I can't tell you how many haircut "incidents" have happened at my preschool in the last 9 years. That and comparing "cool" underwear, peeking thru the bathroom stalls, sticking things up ones nose, and a host of other things. Spencer is spot on for preschool experiences!
Post a Comment