So the kids and I finally got our teeth cleaned. We did it right before we moved, and just haven't had a chance since we got here. Now the kids had theirs cleaned and did great. No fights, no tears, they cooperated for x-rays--it was amazing. In the past dental appointments have been the source of weeks of anxiety and we have never even lasted long enough for x-rays. Last time Spencer let them count and brush his teeth and Kennedy did finally after 3 years of attempts let them clean her teeth. So today was great and--no cavities--bonus!!
Unlike my children, I LOVE to get my teeth cleaned. I love how they feel when they are done, I like getting the plaque scraped, and I even like that gritty stuff--which nobody uses anymore, but I loved the way that felt on my teeth. Plus I have always had great teeth. I had my first and only 2 cavities in Tucson about a year after Spencer was born and this was somewhat of a traumatic blow to my dental self-esteem, and I thought that I would never have anymore cavities--wrong!! Yesterday I had 5!! I kind of thought I had 1 just because I had some pain, but 5!!! Serious blow to my over inflated dental ego. On the bright side I did learn that somebody makes dental floss with flouride in it, but all I have to say is having babies can trash your teeth--well maybe having babies and Diet Coke and not flossing--but I am going to go with having babies--surely nothing I would have done would cause cavities!!
13 years ago
9 comments:
I hate getting cavities too!!! That stinks Mikelle. I always feel like crying when I do and Joe wonders why!?!?! My sister uses that flouride you were talking about I think it's by Johnson and Johnson. At least the kids survivied!
I had to have a root canal after Kaylee was born and it's been so long since I've been to the dentist I'm afraid to go! Who knows how many cavities I have in there!
Good for the kids and I'm with you. Had 1 cavity growing up and then 4 after Brighton, like 6 after the boys and went in last week 2 after Ellis. Never get them otherwise. I'm sure it's not that we get so busy with the kids we forget to floss. I'm sure it's pregnancy to blame:)
I have that same "dental ego". I have had one cavity in my life and that was very small and sometime in high school. I just keep waiting for them to tell me all the problems that I have (since I hate flossing, so therefore I usually don't). I guess I need to make some changes, since we are not all indestructible. Well, at least our teeth aren't!
Great pictures and stories. You should really be a writer. Thanks for setting up a blog for us. Maybe we will get some pictures on. Love Mom
Way to keep up with your dental health :) And no worries, I think teeth, like eyes, just start to get a little worse over time. Although I do think having babies has something to do with it too :)
Okay, Mikelle, I have never had a cavity. And it's been so long since I've been, now I'm really scared to go!!! Here's to flossing!
I will have to say Mikelle, you have a "dental ego" for a reason. You have the most beautiful white teeth. Your smile was one of the first things I noticed about you when we first met.
I have had 2 root canals since Maya was born. I think it has to do with the amount of time I can now devote to my teeth. After the last cleaning, I got a Sonicare toothbrush and I LOVE it. My teeth are superclean all the time. I can't wait to show them how great my teeth are THIS time.
Post a Comment