Powered by Blogger.

Benson

Benson

Addie

Addie

Spencer

Spencer

Kennedy

Kennedy

Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Flight Home

We finally made it home after a full month of being away. We had a great time, but we are exhausted! We are so happy to be back with Chris, but we miss everyone out west!! We flew home on Tuesday out of LA. Mom Foster took us to the airport and before we went to the airport we stopped to get lunch. On the way there we saw tons of people outside of buildings and just thought they were at a conference. Turns out as most of you know, there was an earthquake!! We didn't feel it because we were driving and I have to say I was a little disappointed. I have always wanted to feel an earthquake--not a big one, just a a little one. But anyways, we managed to get all of our stuff in the airport and on the plane without too much trouble. We flew to Atlanta and Addie slept for 1/2 of it and then was moving around for awhile so I took her to the back to walk around. She did cry the last 1/2 hour on the descent, but I was felt like I dealt with her pretty well. However, the people next to me were less than kind about the whole thing. A girl got on her cell phone as soon as the plane landed complaining loudly about the baby who screamed for 4 hours. The man next to her happened to be on an elevator with us and said that I needed to do something about my baby's colic--because most 15 month olds have colic!! I tried to explain to him that she didn't have colic and she just wanted to get down, but he was so rude!! So anyways, I was flustered by those 2. We got to the gate to B'ham, and they kept changing it and then our flight got delayed 2 1/2 hours. So we didn't get in until 12:30 am. I have never been so excited to get off an airplane! We were all so so happy to see Chris and he was just as happy to see us. We were welcomed home with prizes and flowers--do I not have the greatest husband ever!!

1 comment:

Tara H. said...

Mikelle,
You are my kind of traveler. I love spending all the time I can with family. And I am with you, it doesn't matter how much time, it's always good to have more time together. Sounds like an awesome trip!! We were in Utah during the 4th as well, we didn't make it to the Stadium of Fire, but we did eat at Brick Oven the night before, so that was good :)
Thanks for sharing your great vacation! It was fun to read about everything.